Looking for help with your publicity activity? We've created an A-Z of how we can help clients, so for a quick, in in a nutshell guide to the support we can provide, have a look here:
– we come up with creative ideas for new advertising concepts and campaigns, and can work with our team of designers to bring those concepts to life. For some clients, we handle the ad campaign management, too.
– we can help you identify where a website is the best solution, or whether an app could serve the purpose more effectively, and we work with experienced developers to ensure both content and delivery mechanism work effectively together.
– we identify relevant awards and research, write, design (if needs be) and submit award entries, as well as highlighting the spin-off PR opportunities that come from being shortlisted or winning.
– we’ll create a blog plan, including content and topic ideas, and then we’ll research and write posts that give you relevant and engaging content to support your wider communications activity. Consistency is key to successful blogging, and we’ll deliver well-written content that will enable to you to maintain that consistency.
– we can help you demonstrate the impact of your work among the people that matter, by identifying, researching and writing impactful case studies.
– we analyse competitor activity to help you understand and define your place in the market.
– when engaging the local community matters, we can help develop strategies, plans and tactics (plus the all-important supporting publicity activities, of course).
– you name it, our team of expert wordsmiths can turn (and most probably has turned) their hand to it. We write copy for a wide range of on and offline marketing materials, including (among other things) websites, brochures, newsletters, customer guides, technical and feature articles, annual reports, leaflets, posters, presentations, packaging, top tips, fact sheets, point of sale materials, banner stands, adverts, postcards, scripts, tweets, FAQs, press packs, speeches, email campaigns, LinkedIn profiles, case studies, biographies…the list goes on. Put it this way - you’ll never be lost for words with us around.
– we’ll help you identify what could impact on your organisation and how, and develop a robust communications plan that can be implemented quickly and easily should the worst happen. And if a crisis hits but you don’t have a plan in place – we can still help, providing a virtual press office to field calls and provide you with valuable thinking, planning and action time. We’ve helped organisations handle crises from deaths and injuries on construction sites to controversial sackings, protestors and product recalls.
– we’ll come up with creative ideas for both on and offline campaigns that will get you noticed by the people you want to notice you. Our current “In a PR pickle?
” mailing is delivering great results (at least two new business meetings from every day’s telemarketing) and the company making the follow up calls tell us it’s the best door-opener they have ever seen.
– we use a number of different software systems to run email marketing campaigns for our clients. From one-off flyers to regular and more detailed e-newsletters, we can manage the process from data sourcing through to design, content planning, writing, sourcing images, distributing and reporting back on open, click-through and bounce rates. Or we can simply provide the content.
– we work with event organisers to develop and implement activity that will get people through the door. This includes securing media partnerships; liaising with exhibitors, speakers and the event team to identify and maximise publicity opportunities; providing a press office service; briefing key spokespeople; and encouraging and managing media attendance on the day.
Financial results –
we can help you use your financial results as a marketing tool, creating financial reports with impact.
Green PR -
you might have a green housing scheme to launch, a low carbon building to promote, a corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme to develop or you might just be keen for your organisation to be recognised for sustainability. We can help develop, manage and communicate your activities.
‘How to’ guides
– a growing area in many communications campaigns, written and video guides are only ever as effective as their content, and we can help create that content.
sometimes when you're too close to something it can be hard to take a step back and make time to think creatively. We can help. We take a brief, run a brainstorm with the team here and come back to you with creative ideas.
– we can turn complex processes or concepts into accessible visual aids, which can then be used across a wide variety of communication channels to help engage your target audiences.
– we work with a partner to run employee engagement exercises, which form the basis of developing and implementing internal communications strategies.
International PR support
– as the sole UK representative of the International Public Relations Team (IPR Team) network, we can provide publicity support in 22 countries worldwide.
– we can set up, help prepare for and/or host meetings and briefings with relevant media to help establish and/or nurture relationships as well as ensuring your spokespeople are on their contact lists.
– we help clients with speech writing for events and conferences.
our work includes lobbying at a local level, generally around new housing developments as part of public consultation exercises.
– we’re not limited to PR. Our background lies in broader marketing communications, and we help clients select the communication channels that will work best for them; devising PR support but also identifying and creating the materials (websites, advertising, literature, direct and e-marketing) that will deliver the results they need.
– we have a comprehensive and continually updated database of UK print, broadcast and online media; blogs and trade and consumer magazines, from which we can create media lists of target media and relevant writers/correspondents.
– some say the traditional news release is dead, but we still use them successfully to generate positive media coverage for many organisations in different sectors throughout the country. Journalists often praise the quality of our writing, too.
– we offer a complete newsletter design, writing and production service, or we can slot in to provide copywriting support as required.
– we help our clients manage what they say (and what is said about them) online – on their website, on news sites, blogs or via social networking sites - to make sure that online communications are consistent and co-ordinated, reflecting and supporting all of the hard work they put into their offline marketing and driving traffic to their website.
– our eagle eyed team is often asked to proof read documents to eliminate typos, inconsistencies and grammatical errors.
– we can help with both PR strategy and hands on PR support; local, regional and trade campaign planning and delivery; researching, writing and selling in news stories; tailoring stories and developing news angles for different media; arranging media calls and photo/interview opportunities; as well as media briefings.
– we work with developers and some of the UK’s leading house builders to run public consultations and strategic communications activity surrounding (sometimes controversial) planning applications for residential and commercial buildings. Our work covers everything from the land acquisition stage through the planning application submission process (including running public consultation exercises and preparing statements of community involvement); planning approval (or refusal); work starting on site; construction milestones and handover/completion.
part of the value we add is in asking the tough questions and challenging your thinking. This is particularly useful in our public consultation and crisis planning work, where we’ll play devil’s advocate and come up with the questions you hope you’ll never be asked and the worst case scenarios you hope you’ll never find yourselves in. Then we help you shape and deliver your responses. We also produce informative Q&A (or FAQ) fact sheets for print circulation and/or publication on websites.
– we work with developers who use responsive and adaptive web design to ensure sites work seamlessly across many devices. A responsive site can offer a cost effective alternative to creating a separate mobile website, whilst adding touch interaction into the mix can create a more immersive online experience. We write website briefs and create content for responsive sites, selecting developers who can help you to benefit from the relevant techniques and tools.
– the shift from behind the scenes, keyword placement-led search engine optimisation to recognition of quality content plays to our strengths, and we help clients create content plans, and then work with them to implement those plans by supplying the content they need.
– we can help you evaluate which social networking platforms are relevant for you and your organisation; help you develop a social networking strategy and plan; roll it out among your team; and provide support with content creation and distribution.
we help organisations get strategic communications plans in place, which their in-house teams are responsible for implementing, building in reviews at regular intervals to ensure things are on track and also to inject some fresh thinking from an impartial outsider.
a survey can provide excellent material for a PR exercise, but it can also give you great content for blog posts, newsletters and social media campaigns. We can help formulate angles and manage the research process to ensure it ticks the right boxes.
– sometimes customers find it easier to give feedback (good and bad!) to an independent third party. We have helped companies working in even the most sensitive industries (such as divorce law) to gather impactful testimonials from their clients that can be used in marketing activity.
– we’ll invest time to get to know your organisation, team and industry, which in turn enables us to hit the ground running on projects and identify the communications tools, channels and ideas that will help promote understanding among your target audiences of the work you’re doing.
– we work with a number of hand-picked partners to script and storyboard a range of video pieces, from ‘how to’ guides to technical product demos and video news releases. We’ve found that adding our content and key message development skills to the technical expertise of video production experts is delivering a winning combination, and giving our clients finished video that not only looks fantastic, but is giving out exactly the right messages, too.
– we’ll turn written press releases into scripts and storyboards for video news releases (VNRs), that bring stories to life, provide journalists with additional newsworthy content (and therefore greater exposure for your story), as well as delivering content for websites and social media activity.
– we work with a select number of quality web designers and developers to provide a complete web design, content and build service, which includes the creation of responsive sites, e-commerce sites, microsites and brochure sites. We also work with people who have designers and developers on board to provide a stand-alone website copy writing service.
– we offer a series of ‘off the shelf’ workshops, but we also tailor sessions to suit clients’ needs. Existing workshops include What is News
? (how to identify a news story), Social Media Essentials
, (which platforms are right for you & how do you use them) and the Partners Pathfinder
(creating a marketing strategy and plan). We regularly run ‘how to write a press release’ sessions for groups of all sizes as well as training for media spokespeople, to ensure they can confidently represent their organisation in media interviews.
– as a ‘critical friend’ we can cut through internal politics and give you a valuable, straight talking, honest appraisal of how the world sees your organisation and the likely response to the messages you want to communicate. If something isn’t newsworthy, we’ll tell you, and then we’ll find a way of making it appeal to the right people.
– reporting to stakeholders is a key part of the remit for many marketing teams. We can advise on report format and content; manage development and production; or simply help with copywriting.
– if you’re missing the vital ingredient that will give your communications added zing, we’re here to help!
For more information about our work or to discuss a project, contact Karen Tinkler on 01904 610077 or email email@example.com.